How do I connect via SSH to my server?
In order to connect via SSH to your server, you can use PuTTY. PuTTY is a free implementation of Telnet and SSH for Win32 and Unix platforms. Use the following steps to use PuTTY:
- Download putty.exe and install it
- Double-click on the icon of the program you have downloaded
- Use port 22 (if you need to connect to a different port, simply change the number)
- Enter the domain name under Host
- Click on the Open button to connect
The first time, you will be presented with a security alert. Click OK, then type your username and password when prompted.
PuTTY can be downloaded here.
Having trouble? Contact us and our team will be happy to help.