What is the difference between an email account and a forwarder?
An email account allows you to send and receive emails and an email forwarder is an email address that allows you to use a different email handle that forwards emails to your primary email name. For example, let's say your primary email handle is firstname.lastname@example.org but you also create the email forwarders email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. If anyone emails the latter email addresses, the email will be forwarded to email@example.com. Here are the main differences between an email account and an email forwarder:
- Full email account
- You can send and receive emails
- All emails sent to email forwarder are sent here
- All email sent here is forwarded to your main email account
- Can't access or sign into this account
- Can't send or receive emails from this account
Now that you know the difference between an email account and a forwarder, find out how to create an email forwarder.
Having trouble? Contact us and our team will be happy to help.