How do I login via SSH?
SSH2 access is only permitted under the Enhanced shared plan only. It's also enabled by default for VPS and dedicated servers.
In order to access a server via SSH, you will require a SSH client. For Windows OS, a good commercial option is SecureCRT. There is also a free program called PuTTY. For the SSH client, you will need the following details:
- The hostname is your domain name or the server's IP address
- The username is your cPanel username or 'root' for CentOS servers
- The password is your cPanel password or the one provided to you
- The authentication type is 'Password'
- The protocol is SSH2
- The port number is either 10022 or 1546 depending on the server you are on
Having trouble? Contact us and our team will be happy to help.