How do I restore a website in cPanel from a backup?
In cPanel, you cannot use a full backup file to restore your website through the cPanel interface. If you are on a shared hosting plan, please reach out to our support team for assistance. For other plans, please restore your backup via WHM.
Before you attempt to restore a partial backup, you must download and compress the backup file.
Restore a partial backup using the Backup Wizard
To restore a portion of your site from an existing backup, follow these steps:
- Click Restore. The Select Restore Type section of the interface will appear.
- Click the portion of your site that you wish to restore:
- Home Directory — Restore the
- MySQL Databases — Restore your databases.
- Email Forwarders& Filters — Restore your email forwarders or filters.
The Restore section of the interface will appear.
- Click Choose File and select the desired backup file.
- Click Upload to begin the restoration process.
Manually restore a partial backup
To use a partial backup to restore a portion of your website, perform the following steps:
- Click Choose File under the appropriate heading.
- For example, to restore a MySQL® database, click Choose File under the Restore a MySQL Database heading.
- Select the backup file from your computer.
- Click Upload to restore that portion of your website.
Having trouble? Contact us and our team will be happy to help.