How can I Configure my FTP Client?
You can use several different FTP applications that you can use. These include CoreFTP for Windows, and Cyberduck for Mac. To find FTP access details, please refer : Where can I find my FTP access details?
- Download and install Core FTP.
- Select your FTP or SFTP file as mentioned in Where can I find my FTP access details? and save it to your desktop.
- Find the file, and double click on the file you downloaded. As you do this, Core FTP will automatically log you into your FTP account.
- Click Sites >Site Manager. Next, right click the main window and click Import > Core FTP. Select saved configuration file to import the data.
- You can obtain FTP settings as described in Where can I find my FTP access details?
- Note down the FTP settings listed under Manual Settings.
- Open up the FileZilla client and go to Files > Site Manager.
- Enter the values obtained from cPanel and click on Connect.
- Download Cyberduck.
- Download the FTP configuration or SFTP configuration and save it onto your desktop.
- Double click on the file you just downloaded.
- Cyberduck will automatically open up the file and log you onto your account.
Note that if you are unable to find your FTP configuration, you can access it via cPanel.
Having trouble? Contact us and our team will be happy to help.